Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Jack of Blades Cosplay, so far.....

If you read the post "a little about me" I did yesterday, you'd know that I have a fascination with the Fable games; Specifically the first one which in my opinion (and many others) is the best. Jack is the main antagonist in that game.  As I stated before, if this is your artwork I'd like to know so I can give you credit.

Jack of Blades

So far, The only pieces of this costume that been created are the mask he wears on his face, the two masks he wears around his torso, the brooch, his sword, and the cape/hood. The masks were made out of clay that were sculpted on top of a plaster facial mold that was made from my own face. Unfortunately, being that the masks are made of clay, they are quite heavy. I'm currently looking into alternative methods and materials so that they can be remade much lighter. Also, because Jack of Blades isn't human, he doesn't require breathing..... but I do, haha So with the remake I'll have to come up with a way to make to be able to breath with the mask on. 


As you can see, breathing is problematic currently. I think what I'll end up doing is making the cracks that make up the "mouth" that are then wrapped in twine into actual holes so that I could breath out of my mouth. 

These are the rest of the pieces of his costume I've made so far:


Here's a close up of his brooch:


The brooch is made of polymer clay and painted and then jeweled. I believe when I made the brooch and all three of the masks actually that I coated the final product in a varnish type product as well. 

If you liked this post, there's more to come, please follow me :D And as always if you have any questions, feel free to ask. 



No comments:

Post a Comment